- Chest: Place the tape close under the armhole and measure from side seam to side seam.
- Waist: This is the narrowest part of the waist. Place the tape from side to side directly at the waistline.
- Hip: Place the tape approximately 7–9 inches below the natural waistline and measure from side to side at the hip line.
- Flare: This is the length of the flare of your dress. Flare is the bottom wide length of your dress.
- Strap to Hem: This is the length from the top of the strap down to the hem.
- Waist to Hem: This is the length from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the hemline.
- Measure your chest: Stand up straight with your arms hang down in a relaxed, natural pose. Measure around the fullest part of your chest. Tight up under the armpits and over the shoulder blades.
- Measure your waist: Stand up straight in a relaxed, normal position. Run the tape around the narrowest part of your natural waist. This is usually where the belly button is.
- Measure your hips: Stand with your feet together. Measure around the fullest part of your hips and rear. This is typically midway between your crotch and your belly button.